At Atmosphere, one of the cornerstones of our business is to be as environmentally friendly as we can. We are committed to reducing the negative environmental impacts that inevitably result from running a resort. We have set in place a number of policies to ensure that the use of plastic or other harmful or non-recyclable materials is minimized and we recycle as much as possible. We also hope for our guests’ active participation in preserving the environment.
What we do
- No straws with the drinks
- The bar and restaurant uses recycled paper napkins, beer coasters and menus
- In our bathrooms, you will find refillable ceramic bottles with shampoo, soap and body lotion. The brand is local to the Philippines and the ceramic bottles are made here too.
- Check-in forms, welcome letters and end-of stay letters are mostly printed on recycled paper
- The restaurant uses glass jars for jam, butter and marmalade
- We heat all hot water with solar units
- Our building materials are locally sourced
- We launder only towels which are left on the floor and only change bedding every two days
- Our pools are salt water chlorinated pool, which reduces the need for chemicals dramatically
- We offer no plastic water bottles, instead providing our own filtered water in glass bottles or stainless steel bottles
- We segregate our waste
- In our Boutique, many of the products sold are locally (and beautifully) made from recyclable materials such as paper, leather, soda cans, candy wrapper etc.
- Our Spa uses local fruits and plants for treatments such as facials and scrubs
- Our uniforms are sources locally and our t-shirts and sarongs are printed here at Atmosphere
What you can do
- Minimize hot water consumption – it is warm here and hot water isn’t really that important!
- Leave room towels on the floor if you want them changed
- Only change the beach towels for use around the pool and beach when necessary
- Shower before entering the pool to minimize our need for chemicals
- Use Air Conditioning only when necessary, and try to limit your temperature to no lower 24 degrees Celsius. Colder than that is bad for your respiratory system anyway!
- Turn off the main switch upon leaving the room, which leaves only the refrigerator on
- Use the provided shampoo, shower gel and lotion carefully
- Buy our recycled products in the Boutique
- Join Yoga at Atmosphere – an activity that leaves no carbon dioxide footprint
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]