Yoga is the essence of Atmosphere’s approach to health and well-being. Embraced by many, it can be practiced on a simple level for fitness and mental relaxation or on a deeper level to penetrate all aspects of life. Yoga at whatever level is the key to good healthy living and a full appreciation of both the mind and body.
At Atmosphere in Dumaguete, both open and private classes are held daily, from beginners to intermediate and advanced level. Present in the grounds, nestled high in the trees and overlooking the tropical ocean is an elevated platform which can accommodate up to 15 people, come rain or shine. We also conduct yoga retreats several times per year.
All classes are between 1-1,5 hours and guided by our experienced and certified E-RYT 200 in-house yoga teachers.
- General Yoga – perfect for the beginner yogi or for someone who desires a gently paced class.
- Intermediate – classes for yogis with more experience who wish for the challenge of a more dynamic class.
- Private Yoga – ideal for any aspiring yogi. Private yoga is a good way to introduce yourself to yoga or deepen your practice with one-on-one tuition where many different styles can be explored.
- Kids Yoga – classes are 30 minutes in duration and are for either 3-5 year olds or 6-11 year olds. Children are taken on an imaginary journey incorporating yoga postures and relaxation
Our certified ERYT-200 yoga teacher Rae Collins has a background in Sivananda, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow and Yin. Her preferred teaching style is what she calls ‘yoga flow’, where she creates a continuous flow of postures, giving the appearance of a beautiful slow moving dance. Whether the class is a gentle flow, to facilitate stretching and deep relaxation, or more fast paced with work on building strength and cardiovascular fitness, all classes are personalized to meet the individual students’ needs. Also on the schedule are more specific classes following the traditional domains of her teaching styles and yoga for children. For the either the complete beginner to the more acknowledged yogi, private classes are offered for a more individualized class to suit the needs of the practitioner.
Atmosphere offers Yoga Retreats to provide ample time for guests to indulge in a yogic lifestyle and healthy living. Our programs are 3 or 6 days long and include many different yoga related activities including asana practice, relaxation, meditation, Sanskrit chanting, yoga philosophy and nutrition workshops.
With many activities on offer, both yogic and non-yogic, it is the perfect opportunity to indulge in healthy living. Enjoy a variety of asana, pranayama and relaxation classes in our beautiful ocean-facing tree top yoga studio.
They also allow for ample time to integrate spa treatments as well as other activities including hiking, snorkeling, diving and excursions around Dumaguete. Atmosphere’s retreats are the perfect way to combine a beach side vacation in the Philippines with a holistic approach to well-being.
What’s included in a 3 or 6 day program?
- 4 or 7 nights (3 or 6 days) accommodation in twin or double share deluxe room
- Full board: Three vegetarian meals daily (buffet & cooked to order breakfast, 2-course lunch and 3-course dinner)
- Transfers to/from Atmosphere to the airport or pier
- Two yoga classes and one meditation class daily
- A variety of workshops and presentations
- Complimentary filtered water, fruit and WiFi in the room
- 10% discount on all spa services and a complimentary Indian Head Massage
- Access to pools, dive center, spa, beach & excursions and other services
Contact Rae Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Also read the latest blog post about yoga retreats.
A big part of healthy living is to appreciate how beneficial it is to engage in physical and mental relaxation. The Sanctuary at Atmosphere offers both relaxation and meditation classes. The main difference being that a relaxation class focus’s on relaxing both the body and the mind whereas Meditation is about stilling the mind. Both classes are 30 minutes in duration and are guided by our in house yoga teachers.